GradEx 107 at OCAD University
"Drawing and Painting student Rachael Grad, a Duke law school graduate and mother of three who left practising law to study painting full-time, creating works that reflect parenting moments."
Honoured to be Featured in GradEx 107
I'm thrilled to be one of 7 graduating students featured in OCAD's official press release titled "Toronto's Largest Free Art and Design Exhibition Returns in Person & Online" (May 4, 2022). Some of my thesis artwork will be shown next week at OCAD University in GradEx 107 at 100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Ontario. The work of over 600 graduating students from various arts programs in fine art, design, ad other art specialties will be on view next Wednesday through Sunday.
Here are the hours for the free art exhibition GradEx 107:
Wednesday, May 11:
- 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.: Opening night celebration and reception in Butterfield Park (enter through 100 McCaul St.), open to the public, no reservations needed
Thursday, May 12 and Friday, May 13
- 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon: Limited capacity – reserve your space
- 12 noon to 8 p.m.: All exhibitions open to the public – no reservations required
- 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Student sales in Butterfield ParkSaturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15
- 10 a.m. to12 noon: Limited capacity – reserve your space
- 12 noon to 5 p.m.: All exhibitions open to the public – no reservations required
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Student sales in Butterfield Park
I hope to see you next week at GradEx 107
Read the full press here: "Toronto's Largest Free Art and Design Exhibition Returns in Person & Online" (May 4, 2022).
Emerge Department of Drawing and Painting Fundraiser
Two of my original paintings are in the online auction “Emerge." One colourful abstracted bunny painting from my “Mommy Mayhem” gestural painting series and a black ink on paper artwork from my “Motherhood Hit Me Like a Train” series. The auction is now open for bids until May 7, 2022 at 8 pm. Proceeds from the art sales will fund the #GradeEx107 catalogue printing from the OCAD University Department of Painting and Drawing. Bidding starts at $100 for over 50 art pieces from art professors, faculty and graduating OCAD students including me. The "Emerge: A Drawing and Painting Catalogue Fundraiser" benefits the annual Grad Ex catalogue and supports Department of Painting and Drawing students emerging into the art world. Please bid early and often!
Want news first of my new art shows, artwork and occasional sales?
Find me around the web and on social media as @RachaelGradArt on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media platforms. Get news first of updates, art sales, events and more by signing up for my VIP Art List (click here to learn more).