Art Toronto announced the galleries showing at its upcoming 2015 Fall Art Fair. Art Toronto takes place October 23rd to 26th, 2015, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and includes Canadian and International Art Galleries. This is the largest art fair in Toronto and a highlight of the fall Canadian art season.
Why You Should Attend Art Toronto
Art Toronto allows you to see the artwork of top Toronto, Canadian, and international galleries all in one place. Rather than travel all around the city, Art Toronto lets you see top Toronto art offerings in just a few hours. You may spend a bit more time, depending on how long you like to look at each booth.
For Torontonians, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre is very convenient by subway, right near Union Station.
New Sections at Art Toronto 2015
The Art Toronto 2015 Fall Art Fair will be have three sections, two of which are new:
- The Main Gallery Section – with modern and contemporary galleries showing artwork in various media. Some galleries I recommend you check out include:
- The VERGE Section – this new section features emerging galleries with contemporary artwork made in the last 5 years.
- The SOLO Section – this new section showcases solo exhibitions by contemporary galleries.
Art Toronto 2015 Features
Other highlights to look forward to at Art Toronto include:
- PLATFORM, a series of lectures and panel discussions from prominent art world figures
- Power Talks organized in partnership with the Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery
- A publication lounge where visitors can browse cutting-edge international art editorial, video and feature project programming