8 Arts & Creative News Stories Worth Sharing
I've rounded up the 8 most interesting Art & Creative News stories worth sharing from the last few weeks. With the recent New York Art Fairs, there's a lot worth writing about but I tried to focus on inspiring and motivating Art stories you may have missed.
Looking at Art May Keep You Fit, Study Suggests on Hyperallergic
- In case you need another reason to visit museums and galleries, or get someone to go with you... According to this article, a new study published in the journal Emotion called “Positive Affect and Markers of Inflammation: Discrete Positive Emotions Predict Lower Levels of Inflammatory Cytokines,” found that activities that inspire awe (like looking at art) may boost the immune system
The Most Successful Creative People Constantly Say 'No' on Business Insider
- The hardest thing to do as a creative person is to find enough time to make your work. Saying NO is a difficult task but crucial to building your body of work. This article shares examples of how famous creative people say NO.
The Danger of Being Neighborly without a Permit on CityLab
- I was sad to hear about this crackdown on the Little Free Libraries! I'm a long-time fan of Little Free Libraries and have even written about them over on Apartment Therapy (see my post on Little Free Libraries Around Toronto).
At Museo del Prado, Blind Visitors Can Touch Masterpieces from The New York Times
- According to this article Spain has long history of supporting its blind citizens. The Museo del Prado in Madrid, Spain has commissioned an amazing new exhibition of 3-dimensional versions of its art masterpieces for blind people to experience.
Stop Everything, the Wes Anderson inspired Luggage Collection is Here from Messy Nessy Chic
- You may know from my some of my artwork that I'm drawn to anything Venice-related and beautifully-made. Messy Nessy Chic, one of my favorite blogs because of its stunning photography and interesting content, tracked down luggage and travel gear based on those used in Wes Anderson's films. The entrepreneur behind the Wes Anderson-inspired fashion line is from Venice and the product shots have the beautiful city in the background.
A Year of Creative Habits with Crystal Moody - a podcast over on An Abundant Artist
- I love to take on drawing and painting challenges and am fascinated by the art challenges of other artists. In this podcast painter Crystal Moody talks with blogger/coach Cory Huff about her year-long daily drawing project and her new daily painting challenge. The post also links to Chrystal's top habit-building resources, which I find incredibly motivating and useful.
Need New Inspiration? 5 Quick & Easy Ways to Start Your Best Painting Now on my Art Blog
- As an artist I'm often asked how I come with ideas for artwork. I decided to write a post sharing my top 5 easy and quick ways to get inspired to start a new painting.
Bank of Canada Asks Star Trek Fans to Stop "Spocking" Canada's $5 Dollar Bills from The Toronto Sun
- After the recent passing of Star Trek star Leonard Nimoy, there was a surge in the "Spockifying" of Canadian $5 dollar bills. Although marking up currency is not illegal in Canada, the Bank of Canada has asked fans to stop because "writing on a bank note may interfere with the security features and reduces its lifespan."
Wes Anderson- inspired luggage from Very Troubled Child via Messy Nessy Chic
Did you enjoy this roundup of the top 8 Arts & Creative News Stories worth sharing? Are there other stories I missed?